I would like to take this opportunity to provide you with some information regarding our upcoming Parent/Teacher Conferences at Gregory Middle School.
Our annual Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences will take place on the following date:
• February 28, 2019 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
As I mentioned in my Fall Conferences letter, there is a major difference between the middle school conferences and the elementary school conferences. Many times, at the elementary school level, there is enough time for every family to have a conference with their child’s teacher. Here at the middle school level, the reality is that most of our teachers have over 90 students, making it virtually impossible to meet with all parents during the scheduled days.
Over the years, some families have shared with me that they only scheduled conferences because they felt obligated to do so, and did not have specific questions or concerns because they had been in contact with their child’s teacher already. If you feel your concern/question does not need to be a face-to-face meeting, it is okay to simply reach out to the teacher throughout the year rather than scheduling a conference. Please realize that we value our communication with you and that our teachers are happy to provide face-to-face conferences on alternate dates, email communication, and phone conferences. Please feel free to contact them if the need arises through the process.
At Gregory Middle School our Core teachers host 20 minute Team Conferences. This means that when you sign up for a conference, all of the Core teachers on your child’s Team will attend the conference and discuss each class during the 20 minute time allotment. (This includes your child’s math teacher.) All teams, except for 8-4, are listed by the team’s Science teacher. In addition to scheduling a Team Conference, you will be able to select additional individual conferences with your child’s Exploratory Teachers, Counselor, Social Worker, etc.
•The window for Parents to schedule conferences Opens on Friday, February 15 @ 8:00 AM
• The window for Parents to schedule conferences Closes on Tuesday, February 26 @ 11:59 PM
• Conferences will be scheduled online through the Home Access Center (HAC)
o Log in to your HAC account
o At the Home screen Click on the School Links tab
o Then click on PowerPTC – Online Conference Scheduler
o You will be asked to Log in again into PowerPTC – You are to use the same Login and Password that you used to Log in to your HAC account
• If you have any questions re: registering for conferences or your HAC account please call our office at 630-428-6304.
• If you go online to register and all the time slots have been taken, please contact your child’s Instructional Leader/Team Coordinator directly via email to determine alternate options.
o 6-1 Nicole_Anetsberger@ipsd.org
o 6-2 Patty_Riemer@ipsd.org
o 6-4 Kathy_Sheehan@ipsd.org
o 7-1 Maria_Santoyo@ipsd.org
o 7-2 Shari_Lange@ipsd.org
o 7-4 Kathy_Sheehan@ipsd.org
o 8-1 Amy_Delves@ipsd.org
o 8-2 John_Curran@ipsd.org
o 8-4 Meghan_Brazel@ipsd.org
• If you have to cancel a conference that you have scheduled, we ask that you log in to PowerPTC and cancel so that we can open up the time slot to other parents.
• Due to obvious time constraints, we ask that parents arrive a few minutes prior to the actual time scheduled. This helps everyone stay within the time allotted.
We realize that scheduling conferences is not always perfect and please know that as our online system is a first-come, first-serve basis it presents some challenges.
We look forward to communicating with you throughout the school year! Please feel free to contact the office if you are having any problems 630-428-6300.
And As Always…GO PIONEERS!